This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Rainmanshaun
Good morning it’s me again!

Next stage is the Mikarb tuning on my 98 350 Bullet - I have used the tuning guide chart in the carb parts section and have ordered a 105 Main jet, a 27.5 pilot and a No 2 slide as I have now fitted a Pancake Filter and have a Hitchcocks upswept exhaust with removal baffle.

Can anyone tell me if they have a similar set up and what main jet needle groove to set the clip in ?

Thanks once again to you all
By jawa-enfield
You can get data from other bulleteers but that is no assurance your bike will be happy with that.
The carb set up depends on more things like what type of air filter and muffler, the finishing of the cylinderhead and such.
By Allanfox
On the advice of our hosts I have the same set up as you on my 350, made a huge difference in mid range power and starting, still can't handle a head wind!
By Wheaters
The usual rule is to set the mixture slightly rich for more power, slightly weak for economy. Raising the needle a notch from standard might make a worthwhile difference. As I’m sure you’re aware, changing the setting of the needle on these carbs is a five minute job so the best answer is just try it and see, keeping an eye on the colour of the plug.

Not forgetting that a very slight increase in the static ignition advance setting can also give some more performance. Be cautious of pinking, though. I’ve also found that my 350 loves Shell V-Power, which helps prevent that. Seeing that it uses so little fuel, I don’t worry about the extra cost.

I’ve been out on mine this afternoon. It’s quite happy overtaking on the M1. Having said that, on my return I’ve just fitted a short baffle into the Woodsman silencer because it is a bit of a window rattler.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles