This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
I fitted a home made version of the booster plug to my Himalayan, but when the chance of a "proper" one came up via a certain auction site I thought I would try it.

All I really wanted it to do was stop the random stalling, which indeed it did seem to do, as well as (perhaps) give it a bit more pep at the lower end of the rev range.

Recently the engine fault light has been taking ages to stop flickering and for the fuel pump to switch on - sometimes it can take minutes for the light to stop flickering, and while flickering of course you cant start it because the fuel pump does not switch on

Today I removed the plug, no more flickering fault light, pump starts up straight away - planning to take it out for a ride later to see it there really is any difference.

Has anyone else has a flickering engine fault light after fittig a booster plug?

It did not do it at first but as I have put miles on the bike it has started taking longer and longer to stop flickering, it bothers me that one day it will not stop flickering and I be stuck in the middle of nowhere.
By Haggis
You wouldn't be stuck in the middle of nowhere, you would just unplug it and go on your merry way.
I can't see how it would affect your pump from priming though.
That sounds more like a faulty or bad connection on one of the relays.
Put it back on and see if your symptoms return.?
By Andy C
Probably would get stuck as accessing the connection to the air box is very very difficult.

100% certain it is not a pump connection issue - the flashing eng warning light was an issue the bike had with the home made plug fitted, which is why I tried a "proper one" at first the light did not flash with the "proper" plug fitted but as time goes by it started flashing.

Untill the light stays on continous the pump will not prime, with the plug removed instant engine light on and pump primes, if I re fit the plug I get the flashing light / no pump prime issue until the light goes out.

Shame really as it did seem to stop my random stalling.
By Andy C
Update:

This evening I pulled the pump relay out and re fitted it - could not see any problems with the connections.

On / off with the ignition a few times and got the flickering light again - felt under the tank and wiggled the pump connector - and the pump primed.

So I pulled the connector off the pump - took a look at it, not much that you can do to improve the connection that I can see.

Anyway re fitted the connector, and cycled ignition on / off a dozen or so times Pump primed every time, no flashing light.

Looks like the pump connection might be the source of the problem - think I'll pull it and take a closer look, guessing that the booster plug had nothing to do with this, I'll refit it and see.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles