This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Well, it seems that i've been sold 350 pushrods, they are 5mm shorter.. hence the difference.. Seller says there is no difference.

As for the loose bolt-ends from the rocker assy.. loctite 266?
Is the most heat-resistant as far i can find in the jungle of many different reports/data
Here a pic of my old pusrod and the new- also bend- one.
Attachments
thumbnail_20210409_123217_resized.jpg
thumbnail_20210409_123217_resized.jpg (297.46 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
By Adrian
nab301 wrote:You mention pushrods being too short? Did you do any work on the valve seats? I had an exhaust valve seat replaced and I had to purchase a slightly longer pushrod ( available from our hosts ) I suppose I could have recut the new valve seat again but a longer pushrod was easier!
The classic Bullet and Electra-X engines have adjusters to allow for that sort of thing, you have to cut the seat back by a very long way to run out of adjustment, correct push rod lengths assumed, of course. THE EFI/UCE models on the other hand have plain pushrods, no adjusters.

As for the older models having different length pushrods, that IS the case, have a look at our hosts list for them here.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycl ... ds?&model=

The fun comes when you start fitting non-standard cams in an Electra-X.

A.
Another strange thing i encounter 9because of the bend pushrod?) i set the tappets at exact TDC/compression stroke, turn the crank and hey, there's more play, as i mentioned.
Is it possible/ can it be the cams are worn or badly finished?
The bike seems to be an inland model and a LOT of things (gearbox) were severly screwed up with assembly..
By Allanfox
Funnily enough was doing this last night on my AVL engine, fiddly but possible to get the push rods in with rockers already assembled. Slack right back on the adjuster, locate in they rocker by holding with long nosed pliers through the adjustment door and then drop into the cups at the bottom, the hard bit is then initial adjusting without the rod dropping out of the rocker, you soon pass the point of critical length and away you go! Just converting some old Terry spanner into a set of pushrod spanners, not a lot of room!!
By Adrian
jawa-enfield wrote:Another strange thing i encounter 9because of the bend pushrod?) i set the tappets at exact TDC/compression stroke, turn the crank and hey, there's more play, as i mentioned.
Is it possible/ can it be the cams are worn or badly finished?
The bike seems to be an inland model and a LOT of things (gearbox) were severly screwed up with assembly..
It could be that the cam timing is off, possibly the key that holds the crankshaft pinion has moved on the shaft due to a broken or missing key. Do all the timing marks line up properly?

A.
By Adrian
You can get adjustable cam spindles to remove SOME of the slop in the timing gear train, but only for the cam wheels, but this won't help with the ignition, you'd have to have adjustable idler pinion spindles and an adjustable distributor mounting too. I think most Bulleteers (with pre Electra and EFI models) just allow for this when they set the ignition timing.

Electrex World sell a crank-mounted CDI conversion kit for old British bikes fitted with the Lucas alternator (including the pre 2008 Indian bullets), there is a version with lighting coils included, but the lighting output is rather low.

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles