This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Hi, first post as I am a newbie to Enfield's.
I have searched through all the online Enfield manuals and also the Haynes manual and I can not find a torque valve for the forward ( secondary) engine drain plug, all I can find is a spec for the main ( rear) magnetic drain plug of 20 Nm. Would anyone know what the engines forward secondary drain plug torque spec is pls.

The internet seems quite full of tales of woe ref stripping the threads on the secondary plug, so I am trying to be ahead of the game before the bikes first oil change.. If anyone's noticed the bike is 2018 and not quite reached its first service :shock: .. I have just bought it.. :)
Yes but Dave may eat Weetabix for breakfast.....

Can’t see a separate torque value for the front one. 20Nm is probably okay, but no more! I’ve actually read that a certain grade of M8 only needs 11Nm! Other go as high as 46!!!

https://www.grampianfasteners.com/files ... ttings.pdf

Given it’s going into alloy, I’d be around 18Nm to 20Nm max; you can always nip it up a tad if leaking, but don’t use force to cover a leak.
Thanks everyone for your answers.. I am glad it was not just me that could not find a torque value from Enfield.. so in my notes I have written up the front drain plug as " Danger Dr Smith.. do not over tighten" :D
I guess its going to be initially on feel rather than a torque value, I could then carefully use my 1/4" drive torque wrench to see what the feel equates to.... Alternatively.. I don't know if anyone from Hitchcock's reads this forum, but I wonder what torque value the Hitchcock's Techs use... they have a You tube video of the oil change and stress using the torque wrench to avoid the dreaded thread strip.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles