This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Hi guys, I 've purchased a new minda cluster to eliminate my headlight mounted headlight switch and moved the ignition into the recess. I think I have wired up everything correctly despite the new cluster colours different to those on my 1996 Indian 500 import.
I have one yellow wire left that would have gone direct to the alternator. My alternator is 3 wire with no yellow the minda cluster yellow would join the yellow wire on a four wire alternator.
Where do I wire it to?
Thanks in anticipation. Andy
I've been caught out before with Minda switches on all DC systems, once the wiring differences for their intended AC system are sorted they're fine.

Hang on, I have one here, let me take it apart and lose all the screws...

Ah yes, I had the YELLOW and the RED/WHITE connected to the 12V supply. DO NOT CONNECT the RED/YELLOW wire to anything at all with all DC, just prize the 2.8mm connector out of the block and tape it up. I had that hooked up to the 12V supply as well as the other two and wondered why both headlamp filaments came on at once.

A.
So if I remember correctly (Do please check!!!), 12V power supply is now the YELLOW and the RED/WHITE wires.

BLUE is headlamp main beam and headlight main beam indicator light;

GREEN is headlamp dip beam;

GREY/BLACK is to your pilot lights;

GREY is to the rear light, speedometer light and ammeter light if you ammeter has one;

PURPLE is from the horn to the horn button;

WHITE is from the indicator flasher unit;

BLACK/GREEN and BLACK/WHITE are to the indicators, can't remember which is left and which is right.

Yes the switch has been reassembled, thank you, I only managed to lose the headlamp flasher spring. Fortunately I'm at my desk and not in the garage, so the spring was found on the carpet fairly quickly and is now fitted in its rightful place.

A.
Hi Adrian, to be clear, do I attach the red and white and yellow from Minda to brown from ignition to supply power to switch and there are two blues from switch . One to headlamp main beam from switch couples to what colour on wiring loom and other blue from switch to ?

Thanks Andy
If I didn't make it very clear above, there are two blue wires, one for the headlamp main beam, the other for the main beam indicator light. They are connected somewhere in the black plastic sheath covering the bundle of wires coming out of the switch. Yes, the Yellow wire AND the Red/White wire were what I connected to the 12V power supply.

A.
Exile wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:54 pm
Can't help the feeling that a few pictures might help.... Just a thought.
Try imagining a black plastic wring sheath, with 12 wires coming out of it, most of which have different insulation colours (already listed) except for the blue ones, as there are two of them! ;)

A.
Actually, my apologies to Exile if my last post was a little rude, here's what you're missing, Buddy! :D

Note that there's only ONE blue here wire among this lot as the speedometer for this bike doesn't have provision for the main beam warning light. Have put a knot in the red/yellow wire as a reminder to leave it unconnected.

It's been emotional...

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles