This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Hi!
I have a 2009 C5 Efi 500 with some engine troubles.
I found a 2017 EFI 350 bike (a indian bike, I think) I'm thinking to buy.
Here on hitchcocks there aren't number codes for 350 EFI bikes, so my question is: there are so maaany differences between 350 2017 EFI engines rather than a 500 2009 EFI?
I mean, my doesn't have kickstart, this one have it.
So basically i wanna use the carter, the kickstarter from 350 and piston, cylinder, valves, spark, ECU from the 500 and then mount it on my 2009 chassis.
It could be possible? Or it's a totally different?
Thank you so much
On the earlier model Bullets convering from 350 to 500 is possible, but it needs modifications to the crankcase, which will mean stripping the engine down. There are some differences with the EFI crankcases, but the same principles apply.

The 500 cylinder has a larger diameter liner, so the crankcase (carter) mouth has to be bored out to fit, for the 500 EFI cylinder I think the outside diameter of the liner is 92mm.

Then the cylinder studs are in a different position, so you will need to plug the threaded holes with 8mm alloy studs, loctite them in and cut them level with the top of the crankcase mouth, then use the 500 cylinder barrel to mark the position for the new stud holes, which will need to be drilled 6.8mm for tapping an 8mm thread.

You might also need to swap crankshafts if the 500 crank is balanced differently from the 350 to cope with the heavier piston.

I think it ought to be possible, but it's not a 5 minute job!

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles