This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Svensken
Hej Gänget !
I have a new question regarding the oil quality on clutch side according the manual it’s should be sae 20w40 any thoughts about this? What are you using some type of transmission oil ?

// Svensken
By Wheaters
Having read and listened to lots and lots of different opinions, here and elsewhere, I’ve come to the conclusion that the type of oil isn’t really critical as long as there is sufficient oil in there.

I used ATF during the first service I gave my 350, which seems to be a very popular choice, but later went back to a good quality, lightweight transmission oil because I had some on the shelf.
By Svensken
Thanks!
Just as I planned to do, also have issues with water intrusion on the clutch side which I assume it’s due to bad sealing on cable some one else had this?

// Svenskeb
By stinkwheel
Water can get into the clutch side through either the small breather hole in the centre of the filler bolt or (more likely) via the hole that the alternator wires exit through, which is fitted with a rubber grommet that seems impossible to re-fit once removed. Water also tends to pool right next to that opening if you go through a big flood.

Emulsified oil inside the primary drive case could also potentially have blown past the main bearing seal.

I use type F ATF in my primary drive. Some of the other types have given me clutch slip in the past.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles