This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
The pump? I'm not convinced it's necessary on a mostly standard bike. I think it over-oiled the top-end my 350, I took the high flow pump off it. Fitting is easily within your competence level

The pressure relief valve? Could make a difference to reliability of most bikes, especially if you tend to blip the throttle and push them in terms of performance. A 5-minute job to fit.
I fitted the PRV with the standard oil pumps. The Redditch bikes all had one, I saw it for sale in as new condition but for about half "book" price so I just thought "Why not try it?"

So I did. It does bypass some oil and so it must help offload the oil pumps drive shaft worm gears, so strictly necessary or not, there we are. ;)
When the oil is hot and running freely, there's no need for an oil pressure pump bypass (provided that the designer got his sums right).

The idea is to limit the maximum pressure to a level where the stress on the pump mechanism is controlled. The highest pressure is likely to be when the oil is cold and most viscous.

Most cars have some sort of bypass built into the pump assembly so I find it a bit surprising that on later "iron" Bullets this was deleted.

Three years ago I had a big problem with my Liege trials car, which I converted to use a three cylinder, Suzuki Swift 993 cc engine. The oil pressure relief valve in the pump assembly stuck closed one cold morning when I started the engine from cold. The oil pressure gauge reading suddenly jumped to read over the top limit (100psi). I initially thought that the gauge had failed because it had previously been reading erratically at times. However, it was obviously giving true readings and the high pressure reached was enough to distort the base of the spin on oil filter canister so that the sealing ring popped out of its groove! The engine oil pumped rapidly out into the engine bay and onto my nice block paving driveway while I left the engine idling while I shut the garage door. Thankfully, there was no damage done to the engine itself. The oil pressure relief valve on these pumps is very simple; there is a side branch off the main oil gallery and it contains a spring loaded piston sitting on a metal washer type seat. If the oil pressure gets high enough to push the piston against spring pressure, the excess oil is diverted straight back down into the sump. The piston in the duff pump on my engine was seized shut. I couldn't shift it even after applying heat and trying to tap it loose with a metal punch. A new pump assembly cured it.
Gearbox seems to work? Made a longere trip to run in the engine.
Next challenge is to reduce the oil leaking.
Besides it seems to leak from the valve stem inspection cover (Too hard gasket from our host?) it leaks a lot from the conical-fit lower end of the oil feed tube..

Am hesitant to thighten it more..

How can i make this less leaky?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles