This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By david bailey
Hello,

I am a firm beliver in "loud bikes save lives" and I have a 2020 Bullet 500 Trials which sounds more like a moped than a 500 single. So does anyone know how I can modify the existing standard silencer to make a bit more noise or, failing that, where I can get another louder silencer that fits well, looks good, makes a bit more noise, is legal and doesn't cost the earth. Yes I know our host sells a "goldie" silencer that would probably fit the bill in all respects but they are not available at present.

Thanks
By papasmurf
david bailey wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:46 pm
Hello,

I am a firm beliver in "loud bikes save lives"

The noise is behind you, not in front so how do you figure that out?
By ericpode
Loud pipes are an act of aggression on the road. They have cost many lives by inciting reciprocal aggression in car and lorry drivers: when that happens there can be only one looser.
By windmill john
I’m not an old fuddy duddy, I’ve off-roaded, toured, had sports bikes etc. it’s always the comments of selfish people that loud pipes saves lives. I take into account the feelings of others, not just horse riders, neighbours, other road users etc.
Yes, better sounding is nice, but just for loudness sake.......

I like this guy’s videos, watch this about loud pipes:

https://youtu.be/6OCKVFPcZFI

John
By dalgrae
I think there is a balance between loud and loud mellow ,lots of new cars are obviously made to sound pleasing to the ear as a selling point as well as bikes which I feel is OK but there seems to be a growing issue of modern cars that when changing gear continually backfire during gearchange,I hope bikes do not go down this route which really will get the Polices attention
By Andy C
You say that the Goldie silencer is not currently available which is a bit of a shame as they do look good. I had one of these on my 612 and you could use it either in LOUD mode, or slightly quieter by re fitting the detachable baffle.

Second place I would say a reverse cone megga - again baffles can be removed.

The megga is a bit more mellow, the Goldie has a much harsher edge to it.

Dont think you can do much to make the standard silencer louder except remove it :mrgreen:
By stinkwheel
Andy C wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:03 pm
I had one of these on my 612 and you could use it either in LOUD mode, or slightly quieter by re fitting the detachable baffle.

Second place I would say a reverse cone megga - again baffles can be removed.
My 612 removed the baffles from its reverse-cone mega all by itself within 100 miles of fitting it.

Who am I to argue?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles