This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By jawa-enfield
Hi, 4 speeder with new bearings, bronze bush ist all the way in, Kickstarter bus is reworked and layshaft end goes all the way in. cannot get the cover (not the end cap)on, there's about 3-4mm space between the parts. The obstruction is somewhere on the layshaft..
Installed the close ratio sprocket, also all the way upon the collar,
Can anyone guess what is going wrong?
By jawa-enfield
jawa-enfield wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:30 am
The kickstart assy looks like this, but still the pawl rattles in the sprocket.. i do not know why, i did not change the pawl, i did change the sprocket (close-ratio)
How is this pissible? It has worked with this pawl and assy!
Attachments
thumbnail_20210116_062406_resized.jpg
thumbnail_20210116_062406_resized.jpg (187.26 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
By vince
Hi, 1. check you have the mainshaft dog the correct way round.2 check the oil thrower is engaged on the mainshaft shoulder. Ensure you have the correct one on the inside of the cover, it should be flush with the gear. Stick it on with grease. 3 the pawl should be flush , it looks like its standing proud. The half moon stop should hold it clear of the ratchet. I would check to see if the new gear has the same clearance as the original. 4. is the layshaft fully engaged at the back of the gearbox. Vince
By jawa-enfield
The pawl should be 'flat;'? okay.. strange thing is that it worked like this for many years, so i have to make a new dog that presses the pawl further down.,
The layshaft is not 'too long' The problem seems to be the length of the mainshaft, checked position of the roller bearings.
The new layshaft gear had ,10mm smaller inner diameter.

The mainshaft dog is pressed against the shlouder, the oil flinger plate is maximum down, no more space there.
Te oil flinger plate is the sqame it hass ran with for a long time..
I really don't know what is the problem.
Thanks for reacting!
By jawa-enfield
The only thing i can think of is that the new roller bearings have- despite the same number- different dimensions...
Checked several times if they were secured against their seats.. cannot understand it.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles