This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Eagle56
Hi

Would I be expecting to much from a Himalayan thinking it may cope with the occasional 70 to 75mph motorway run exceeding 50 miles.
My thoughts were maybe get one to cope with motorways better than my 500classic if this was a reality which seems doubtful
I could release my other large capacity bike.
By RocketRR
Front sprocket change and a few tweaks can't see this being an issue but remember its not a Goldwing :shock:

One thing Himalayan owner's probably all agree on is that they are brilliant fun 😀
By Noodles
I've spent a whole day flat out at 80 and weirdly it seemed to really like it.

Dropped down to 70 up some steep hills, but the engine felt really perky after it.

Tickover rpm was way higher after near my destination.
By Eagle56
Sounds a lot better than the downers who think it’s only good to cruise at 55 to 60, this is fine for A or B roads but not on the motorway,

The new ones do they really need to be run in at 40mph ?

I was browsing used but used prices and bike transport on top come very close to new prices.
Re buying new is it good time being so close to the new model launch.
By Andy C
I did about 40 miles on the Motorway on mine last year, held around 65 / 70 most of the time.

Personally I would not have wanted to go much further on the motorway with it.

Mine seems most happy cruising around A and B roads.

I am running standard gearing and have been thinking it could probably take another tooth on the front sprocket without having an adverse affect on performance.
By Noodles
Depends what you want to cruise at. It struggles to hold 80 (indicated) with stock gearing.
If add a tooth, it will probably hold 70 more comfortably, but overtaking will no longer be an option.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles