This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By windmill john
Well, feel free to turn off... had a decent ride with the 900/930 carb fitted.
Did a plug chop at about half throttle as I was wondering about the needle position; pretty black.
I intended to ride home and lower the needle a notch and noticed slight popping on the overrun.
I’d noticed when I first started him, revs raised when I started to close the throttle.
When I got home I was going to richen idle as well as moving the needle.

It’s interesting, as I’ve only ever maintained all my bikes, including any mechanical work needing doing. This is the first time I’ve gone off standard to eek that little more..... I decided refit my monobloc. Why?...... I felt I was changing Gupta from what I bought.

Yes, the 900 definitely made a difference. On this ride, he was showing an indicated 60mph at about 1/4 throttle, whereas before, I needed to crank him up to get to 60.

Fitted the meteor piston and retarding the inlet cam has give me that little extra I wanted, I’ll stick there.
The 900 can sit in the shed. Maybe one day I’ll refit and adjust settings, but at the moment, back to work Monday, do will have my bikes all set up correctly.
By windmill john
I’d like to finish off this thread by saying thanks Paul.

Fitting the Meteor piston and retarding the inlet cam, does mean I can overtake a car that is travelling around 40 to 45mph that might increase to 50mph and know I’ll pass it quicker than it was possible before.
By Wheaters
Paul, what do you think about that piston you took out? The factory one in my 350 Electra has a shallow domed crown with small cutouts for the valves.

If that’s a standard piston for a 350, I’m not surprised that people say they are quite slow.
Wheaters wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm
Paul, what do you think about that piston you took out? The factory one in my 350 Electra has a shallow domed crown with small cutouts for the valves.

If that’s a standard piston for a 350, I’m not surprised that people say they are quite slow.
Hi Wheaters, I have never pulled a completely flat topped piston out of any Bullet engine I have worked on before - they have always had a very slight dome at least. I suspect this might be a 350 sidevalve engine's piston type, the compression ratio must have been very low!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles