This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Good evening, I hope there’s someone out there who can help point me in the right direction to convert my 1962 crusader front mudguard from deep valanced type that is mounted on the leading link fork to a smaller version that can be bolted onto the hub as was the case on the later 1963 Crusader Sport and Olympic models. I’ve been chatting to Richard over the last few days however he’s come to a dead end can’t help with this conversion but suggested that there maybe someone out there that can shed some light on this.
Hi Vince, my first port of call was to Richard at Hitchcocks who tried to locate the parts for me, unfortunately as you know they are extremely scarce. It was Richard who suggested putting a message out to the forum to see if anyone could help. Could I ask where you got yours made? Or for the dimension or fag packet drawing that may help me get started fabricating something that may work?
Thanks
Hi, if your referring to the bush I brought a 15x21mm bush 25mm long on ebay and reamed and turned it to fit. Knowing that Redditch mixed and matched parts across the range I used small end bushes off a 500 bullet for the link bushes. The axle clamps are the same as early steel forks etc. Odd parts appear on ebay. Vince

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles