This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Wheaters
Yes, it certainly is possible. Harder, steel inserts had to be fitted to many cars with cast iron engines when leaded fuel was phased out. The Leyland A series engines were very good examples of a type that suffered badly from valve seat recesssion.
By PeteF
I think there's plenty of strength on the rocker arms to grind the clearance. Just make sure the finish is fair.
By vince
Hi, your rockers look very crude, look at the photo of correct ones in spares list ,the arm has a distinct curve. Also if valve seat is worn the valve train would be shortened but your pushrod is screwed right out. Vince
By Adrian
Just to clarify, my previous comment was referring to the possibility (or otherwise) of getting the tip of the rocker built up with stellite and reground to a suitable profile so that the (extended) centre of the tip would now meet the top of its valve somewhere a bit nearer the centre-line of the valve stem.

Can you use the rocker arms from a set of Samrats for the Bullet? Is the geometry close enough?

A.
By mart
thanks Adrian, Mr H's Rockerset A use Samrats in a custom made block, so they must be close. I have some Samrats but the G block is slightly too wide. I will try modifying an old block and see how it goes. thanks for the suggestion of Stellite welding, Ill have a think.
Cranky- there's about 3/16" gap between the pad and the valve cap- I have just ground an old rocker and can make it fit, so that is an option.
Im going to look at getting seats fitted, so at least everything would be back to spec.
thanks for the input !!
Attachments
ROCKERSET A 1200.jpg
ROCKERSET A 1200.jpg (158.21 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
By mart
an update - I fitted new collets and spring retainers from MrH and it has solved the problem. the new retainers have a slightly smaller tapered hole and so sit a little further down the valve stem. they are very similar to look at, so the existing ones are either worn or incorrect. thanks

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles