This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Sounds like the genuine ones. I was very pleased with the VM32 I had on a 350 BSA e few years back. So are these pirate copies or licensed, do you think? I have seen Chinese copies of the VMs on ebay.

A.
Adrian wrote:Sounds like the genuine ones. I was very pleased with the VM32 I had on a 350 BSA e few years back. So are these pirate copies or licensed, do you think? I have seen Chinese copies of the VMs on ebay.

A.
If that is a question to me I have no idea. Licenesed or pirated I don't know . I do know that we don't have EU regulation. I do know that on my visits to my house in UK I see things ludicrously priced in comparison. Personally I don't need protection, I look at what i want to buy and make my own decision.

I dont think Thailand do licensing or control. You can cook food here and go sell it in the street. You can make anything and sell it in the street. Freedom.

it must be considered that the retailer I bought it from on Lazada must also have made a profit so how cheap is it to make these things.
One worrying fault that was reported by someone in the US who tried a Chinese Mikuni clone was that the pin which located the throttle slide to stop it from rotating fell out, which not only allowed the throttle slide to rotate but to jam open with trouser-browning consequences, fortunately the rider and bike survived... that time.

For your peace of mind, just check that, I'd suggest, and if Thai quality control safely does exceed that of their much larger Asian neighbours, how much does the local Sudco outfit charge for a VM38-alike jetted for a Yamaha XT500? :mrgreen:

A.
Hi Stinkwheel... I'm riding my 500 cc Bullet with a Mikuni TM 32, and it works superb. The engine is sligthly tuned with Mr. H's tuned head, an Omega Accralite piston and Ace Magnum cams. The intake and exhaust/silencer is rather free flowing. The carb is fitted with: starter jet 40, 32,5 pilot jet, 220 main jet, series 389 P6 needle jet, needle valve 786-46001-3.3 and jet needle J8-5FP17 in the middle notch. I'm not quite ready with the fine tuning of the carb, these figures might help you dial in a 32 mm flat slide Mikuni for your 612 cc Bullet. The advantage of the flat slide is a very responsive and accurate working carb. Before the Mikuni I was working with an Amal 30 mm MK 2. That was just hard work and no real fun. The Mikini works like a dream come true. Good luck in getting the right carb for your bike... regards Jacob
jacobtue wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:18 pm
Hi Stinkwheel... I'm riding my 500 cc Bullet with a Mikuni TM 32, and it works superb. The engine is sligthly tuned with Mr. H's tuned head, an Omega Accralite piston and Ace Magnum cams. The intake and exhaust/silencer is rather free flowing. The carb is fitted with: starter jet 40, 32,5 pilot jet, 220 main jet, series 389 P6 needle jet, needle valve 786-46001-3.3 and jet needle J8-5FP17 in the middle notch. I'm not quite ready with the fine tuning of the carb, these figures might help you dial in a 32 mm flat slide Mikuni for your 612 cc Bullet. The advantage of the flat slide is a very responsive and accurate working carb. Before the Mikuni I was working with an Amal 30 mm MK 2. That was just hard work and no real fun. The Mikini works like a dream come true. Good luck in getting the right carb for your bike... regards Jacob
Pure gold. Cheers man.
I got a Sudco 33 on my 547 UCE (Bored it out) and it also works very well However Im surprised you have a 220 main, I find my 180 is ample.

If you give it full throttle and it goes faster if you let off a bit then it is too big.

37,5 idle at about 2 turns out

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles