This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
Those pics look like some one has been naughty and been changing gears without clutch. Ive never liked that Idea.

Thing about riding old Brit bikes is you load the gear lever with your boot first and then pull the clutch. I t certainly helps the false neutrals.
Tricky to do a clutchless change into first... Not saying it's impossible if you were stuck with a broken clutch cable but that's not what caused the damage in the pictures. A combination of dreadful gear selector profile, ropy gear hardening and a sightly dragging clutch when hot is my suspicion.
I do not get a notification when there's a reply here?
Maybe today i will gather some courage to take apart the gearbox.
I must say that i find that the shifter mechanisme system (the parts with the 2 springs) has a lot of play.. More then on the gearbox of my diesel?
I have taken apart the gearbox.. since it seems an import version i was warned about bad layshaft bearings, they are not of bronze like in my diesel enfield.. should swap them?

I could not find any defect or deformity in the axles or sprockets.. The only thing what was REALLY bad was the big roller bearing on the clutch side..
But cannot think this is the cause for the shifting/popping out of gear problem?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles