This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By david bailey
Just been for a ride on my new Bullet trials after swopping the useless RE mirrors (very shaky view of my shoulders is all they did) for a pair from my Triumph street twin and the difference is that I can now clearly see the road behind me and there is absolutely no vibration. Would be a costly mod if you had to buy the mirrors but mine were going spare after fitting bar end mirrors to my street twin.
David
By stinkwheel
GPz305 mirrors are surprisingly good too. Short stems but wide round lenses. Best bit of the bike really.
By windmill john
My 2002 350 Bullet mirrors are ridiculously long! I’d be happy to see a bit of shoulder. As I use the bike to commute as well, I’d like ones with shorter stems.
Can‘t really justify buying a new pair, because as mirrors, they work.
Also, as I have to get the bike down a side passage, every time I do this, I have to loosen the mirrors and turn them in. No biggie I understand.
And as each side thread is different, one left hand thread end one right hand, finding something at a jumble could be fun.

John
By stinkwheel
You can buy adapters for every conceivable permutation of thread and direction for mirror bosses.
By Wheaters
Mr H. also sells “anti vibration” mirror adapters with a rubber insert.

I fitted one to my 350 and the other to the drivers side mirror on my Liege trials car (which suffers from vibration due to the three cylinder engine). They reduce the shakiness and extend the stem by about 25mm.

Part #90247.
By windmill john
I’d like the opposite, to reduce the sticking out extension.

I might when feeling flush, get myself a couple of their £9 mirrors. The look short, but might not last long at that price.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles