This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Cranky
Yes I said lolipops, very popular in USA on Harleys and the like.

If you have took out your Catalytic convertor and or as I have emptied the silencer completely you will alter the flow of gases in the exhaust system. The speed of gases is very important needing 250 feet per second.

There a different shocks in the pipe too , sonic and thermal. A lot of people confuse this as back pressure but its shock. Get this wrong and you can have fuel coming OUT of the carb and not into as it supposed to do. Check out reversion on You tube.

A lolipop is a washer welded to a small bolt and placed at the end pipe. It is supposed to stop the reversion . I have had some success in these but not at the end pipe but at the beginning of the perforated pipe that I slide in the empty silencer.

The RE is not a tuned engine, it really isnt , a bit on the agricultural side it does not have a wild cam and wont suffer the same consequences as a high performance bike with massive duration and over lap. Its the over lap that does the damage where the shock at certain RPM can come back up the pipe to an open exhaust,--straight through the combustion chamber to a still open inlet valve. If you have fuel in the filter you have reversion bad.

It will really bugger up your carb tuning seriously.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles