This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By RocketRR
Hi had a scare tonight on the way home lost all power on the Himalayan on a road about
Nearly killed me not very happy.
Dash went dim then all blank and bike lost everything.

Luckily clutch in and dived to the side of the road.
Switched everything off then all back on ok clock etc still set but bike did it twice more on way home.

Must admit mmm thinking of selling it this was not a good moment
By stinkwheel
I'd check your battery terminals are on properly.

I had a cutting out problem on my bullet where water got into the ignition switch. WD40 then silicon spray sorted that one out.
By RocketRR
Checked earths for security and continuity and lithium battery with perfect terminals. To me it was nothing to do with this anyway as the clue as said in original post clock etc stayed set. If battery or earth clock would have reset. This seems like the ignition switch just shut off.

Imagine bring on a busy roundabout and ignition just switches off. I will be writing to Moto GB blessed death trap.. I have no idea if it will do it again and I use it every day for work
By windmill john
Start your engine and give your bars some serious jiggling in case it’s a break round the head stock.

My Bullet did this and it was either carb issue, plug or plug cap; I sorted all three at the same time.

In your case, don’t want to think of anything sinister, but could be a failing ignition. The fact that it was back on so quickly makes me doubt.

How many miles have you covered? All you can is give it some stick and obvious feather the clutch in bends.
By RocketRR
Yes going to try to pinpoint it tomorrow on the way to and from work
2019 model with about 3000 miles.
New instrument cluster
Brakes stripped and cleaned
2 x frame covers as fell out
Oil leak on rocker cover and cylinder head
New battery as failed straight away
By RocketRR
Couldn't leave it so out in wksp removed ignition switch and found the wires were absolutely shagged.
All Himalayan owners whatever you do remove the ignition switch (2 x 5mm Allen screws) one connector left hand loom and check the wires around the cable tie.
Mine were worn thru and really poor quality.
I am going to rewire and heat shrink with high quality silicon wire, those in place will fail for sure ... really bad design and poor wire.
This is dangerous and should be a recall it could have killed me today for sure
By RocketRR
New cluster was due to water and the useless compass that just said everywhere was north lol
Annoying thing is I sold my Continental GT and MKII Interceptor due to being made redundant keeping the Himalayan as the reliable bike..... lol

New job just started now this :roll:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles