This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Mann
Just checked the charging system fuse (25v) and it had blown, replaced it and i now get 13.8v with highish revs :D

So i hope the incorrect battery wiring only blew the fuse and that it wasn't blown before due to a problem with the stator or RR.

Anything else i should look for after wiring the battery the wrong way? I will take the bike out for a run a little later on
By Haggis
Keep an eye on the battery lead terminals, they have a habit of fracturing due to vibrations.
Especial if they fracture under a bit of shrink wrap, looks OK but doesn't actually work.
By Mann
Yep seems that i am quite fortunate! i didn't try and start the bike though, i only turned the ignition on but the cranking of the ABS pump alarmed me enough not to do anything else.

Went for a 10 mile ride, after 5 miles i pulled over and read the voltage at the battery at idle and it was 13.7v. I checked all the ABS fuses and they were okay and on hard braking the ABS was kicking in.

Thanks for all the comments everyone
By knapdog
Haggis wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:23 am
R/R and the main ecu are the only things that are fussy with regards to polarity.
You can easily test the stator windings for continuity and output, on their own.
Sounds like your r/r is goosed.
Have any fuses that may have blown?
If it wasn't charging before you would not have been able to ride it any distance.
Once the volts start to drop the fuel pump and ecu will shut down.
Do you need to remove the engine side cove for direct access to the stator for testing or can you test it from the three wire leads leading to the rec/reg?
By knapdog
Haggis wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:04 am
Just unplug the connector from the stator to R/R, three yellow wires.
No need to take the case off.
You are always very helpful, Haggis.
Could you possibly point me to a useful youtube vid showing how to test it using those three female yellow connections?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles