This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Ivor
Hi Guys. I know the new ones are nice and we would all like one but we are straying from the point of this post. Mine was made in 1960 not 2020!

I`ve read about some well documented breather mods for the twins. Can anyone point me in the direction of the relevant info?
By Chris L
Hi
Don’t know which year your Super Meteor is if it after 1959 at the drive side of the crankshaft inside the primary chain case is a breather bolt (BREATHER BOLT
PART No. 45403 ) which is a breather valve to let air out on the down stroke and stops the air getting back in on the upstroke
I have just finished a rebuild on 1961 Meteor Minor with no oil leaks as yet !!!!?

Hope this helps
Chris L
By Ivor
Thanks Chris. I`ve checked the breather bolt and all seems to be OK. Mines got a little brass disc in it.

Not sure yet but I think I`m going to strip it right down and do the breather mods I`ve read about. Once I can find the right info. I might just rebuild it with the rings in the correct position and see if that works.

Good luck with the Meteor Minor

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles