This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Cranky
Err Thats funny . Just a point here on the picture of the oil filter housing on the case. Mine is not painted its polished--does that mean something. Nor do I have the spacer on the oil filter cover, and the bolt heads look like 10mm --mine are 8mm.

2017 UCE EFI 500.
By Haggis
He has altered the filter housing with an internal spacer under the filter.
He has made a another spacer for the filter cover to accommodate this.
Longer bolts with bigger heads.
Looks like he has painted or powdercoated the engine cases.?
By Haggis
HARALD, did you know there seems to be two different capacity oil pumps.?
One with a narrow pump body with the output and release valve joined.
And another with a much deeper pump body with the output and release valve separated by a web.
The deeper pump body will have a larger rotor meaning more capacity.
By Haggis
Mmmmmmm! It seems the higher output pump is fitted to the 535 engine.
As the 500 is exactly the same motor, except for the 535 slightly bigger bore, I can't think why the higher capacity is not fitted to the 500?
Why does the 535 need more?
By Harald
There is only one type of oil pump available for the 500 / 535 UCE - the one in the first picture. It has five mounting screws and a broader base plate. The second picture shows a pump with a long small base plate, three mounting holes and the output and release valve separated by a web. This type comes in two different heights and fits only the 350 models like 350 Classic and 350Thunderbird, but not the 500 / 535 UCE.

The housing and pump rotor of the 500/535 pump has a larger diameter than the 350 pump and therefore has the same performance as the higher 350 pump, even when the heights is the same as for the flat 350 pump. The pressure and amount of oil is more than sufficient for the 500 / 535 UCE and there is no need to increase it.

The flat pump was the factory installed one for the 350 UCE, but RE recognized later that it`s performance was insufficient, especially for feeding the hydraulic lifters with a sufficient oil pressure. Later, this pump was replaced by the higher one and most workshops and dealers follow this way when there is a hydraulic lifter issue.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles