This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Chris57
Any one try one on the Himalayan?
Does it work, worth getting one?
Chris
By Presto
Worth getting??!! :o

Look at all the benefits - it must be worth getting!
If our hosts sell it is must be worth getting!
:)
By Rattlebattle
Like the other stuff under "snake oil" such as the Carberry Vibration Reduction Plate you mean? :D
By trophyvase
I've run mine on snake oil for years and never had a seizure yet! :roll:

But the Booster is an electronic component and best kept well away from oil of any sort. ;)
By PeteF
I fitted one to the C5.
Did I notice a difference?
Yes, marginal, but it's a bit more responsive and a bit more urge at the top end.
Worth it?
Oh I dunno, probably.
By Presto
In my mind it's a bit like iridium spark plugs.
They must be better - the logic of the technology is beyond dispute - but to nail down exactly how that 'better' is experienced in starting, running and ridding is not so transparent.
Would I use iridium plugs? Yes. Always.
Could I say how I found them better?
Maybe - starting cleaner, easier?
Or was even that psychological?? :roll:
By PeteF
It would be interesting to see some before and after dyno figures.
By Rattlebattle
Well, I’ve been suckered twice into buying a Boosterplug, once for a Triumph and once for a BMW. I think I still have the Triumph one. All they are IMHO is a bodge fix to eliminate the off-idle stutter often found on EFI bikes that occurs when the EFI transitions from open loop to closed loop. They are no substitute for doing the job properly by remapping either by reflashing the ECU or piggy-backing onto it via Power Commander or whatever. A lot of money for what it is and does.
Iridium plugs- fine, essential sometimes, for modern EFI multi- cylinder engines that have accurate and sophisticated EFI systems and in which the spark plugs are buried deep under loads of plastic. My Honda V4 has them; they don’t need touching for tens of thousands of miles. Not necessary on a simple single on which the plug can be removed in five minutes with a tea break and which can easily foul the iridium plug because the EFI over-fuels when one of the cheapo sensors plays up. Iridium plugs with very fine (expensive) electrodes need accurate fuelling, something of which my Euro III version struggled to maintain. I can’t remember the last time I changed my cheap (pack of four from Halfords) NGK plug in my C5, but the iridium one fouled up in no time and caused a breakdown ( bike not me). Twin electrode plugs in same category in my book.
By windmill john
Totally agree with RB about Iridiums. For vehicles where it takes a year to get to plugs.
Yes their electrodes may last so much longer, but not necessary for our engines with easy access.

Enjoyable Scotty video to watch:

https://youtu.be/cBjdRQf2AoI

John
By trophyvase
Iridium plugs - of course this is a subject on which we'll all have a view.

My own experience of them in 4 stroke and 2 stroke engines has been entirely positive - never had one 'fail'.
I've used the NGK and the [even more sophisticated] Denso versions.
My choice EVERY time!

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles