This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By philipw
Hello.
When I switch on my Himalayan with the ignition key I'm sure the needle used to sweep around the dial. However it doesn't now. Anyone else had this? And does it matter? The truth .hey be out there.
Philip.
By windmill john
The needle swing is a systems check, but the repercussions of it not doing it...... could be nothing, or could be an issue...
Start with two simple things. Check connections. Disconnect, connect multi plugs. Himalayan shouldn’t be old enough to have corrosion.
Try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting.
And finally, if bike is under warranty, speak to the dealer and say you’d like it changed, or mention it to them and say if it gets worse, you want it looked at, even after the warranty period up to a certain time. If they agree to that, get it in writing.

John
By Andy C
Phillip.

If is any comfort, mine has never swept around the dial and I have had it from new.
By Chris57
Interesting, mine is 3 weeks old. Used to sweep the speedo, now it doesn't. Noticed it a week ago and will mention it at first service next week. Must be a common problem bike runs and rides fine??
By Chris57
By the way, if you look on YouTube at videos about the instrument cluster when the guys turn on the ignition some sweep and some dont. Mystery for sure
By Rattlebattle
Could that be because some of the videos are Indian, where a carb version is sold?
If it were mine I’d want to know why the self-check system is inoperable. It can’t be right that it has this function initially then it just disappears, a point I’d make to the dealer. It’s a bit of a mystery. Ignored faults have a habit of biting back in my experience...Does the owners manual mention the self-check?

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles