This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Mann
I am looking to free up the RHS glove/tool box on my 2018 C5 (Euro4), has anyone fitted an alternative air filter outside of the tool/glove box to a standard set up bike? I see that the K&N filter would do the trick but i understand that on a stock set-up it would draw in too much air and much the bike run worse. Just wondering if there are any other alternatives?

Cheers
By Rushour
Our hosts supply a S & B conical filter and elbow which will replace the stock air filter when fitting the high level exhaust - the Euro4 models have a much more advanced EFI system which makes changes to the mixture when faced with different settings as it would with sea level / high altitude conditions, no changes required.
By Mann
Thanks Rushour,

Do you think the Euro4 EFI will accommodate the conical air filter without the upgraded exhaust? I don't plan on changing from the stock exhaust.

Thanks
By PeteF
By fitting a free flow air filter you will be altering the air/fuel mix, possibly by quite a significant amount.
Can the Euro4 ECU cope with that? I dunno, but I wouldn't try it unless I was prepared to get into power commanders and all the expense that entails. The same reasoning stops me changing the silencer even though I would like to ditch the torpedo and have a bit more noise.
As far as I can see Mr H only recommends a standard doughnut air filter or an S&B doughnut (at £75 :o ) Neither of these will free up the toolbox.
He states the conical filter won't fit but, of course, it could be made to.
By Mann
PeteF wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:10 am
By fitting a free flow air filter you will be altering the air/fuel mix, possibly by quite a significant amount.
Can the Euro4 ECU cope with that? I dunno, but I wouldn't try it unless I was prepared to get into power commanders and all the expense that entails. The same reasoning stops me changing the silencer even though I would like to ditch the torpedo and have a bit more noise.
As far as I can see Mr H only recommends a standard doughnut air filter or an S&B doughnut (at £75 :o ) Neither of these will free up the toolbox.
He states the conical filter won't fit but, of course, it could be made to.
I don't mind doing some fabrication or modifications to get an external filter to fit but i would no go down the whole power commander route, if i had any preference it would be a Carb conversion kit which would free up the Tool Box and i understand Carburetors! but this is an extreme measure just to carry gloves/tools etc!

Thanks for all the input so far.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles