This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Jegli1957@gmail.com
Got new bike delivered 2 days ago. Drove it 40 miles yesterday. Today drove 2 miles and it killed as I was moving. Battery light came on. Turned key off. Turned back on and started. Went 2 miles same thing. Went home. Waiting for dealer to call. Bad cell in battery ?
By stinkwheel
If it restrated off the electric start, I doubt it's the battery. More likely a loose electrical connection. Maybe something like the sidestand switch (if they have one) or a dodgy ignition switch.
By Daiwiskers
Please don't take this the wrong way
But brand new bike stops after 42 miles then again 2 miles later makes me think of low fuel

Otherwise a loose connection somewhere as Stinkwheel said
By Rushour
Double check that your leg is not catching the side stand - if its down a little bit then the bike will cut out if you release the clutch lever.
By PeteF
Daiwiskers wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:03 am
Please don't take this the wrong way
But brand new bike stops after 42 miles then again 2 miles later makes me think of low fuel

Otherwise a loose connection somewhere as Stinkwheel said
I did this with a new bike once. I was so excited with my new purchase I forgot to fill it up :oops:
By Daiwiskers
No need to ask why I thought of fuel!
By GSSTEVE
Could be loose battery leads, rushed p.d.i maybe, side stand switch unlikely as new but never say never..
Good luck, get the dealer to sort it..
By black fingernail
GSSTEVE wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:57 pm
rushed p.d.i maybe,
I doubt any mechanic worth his salt would rush a p.d.i. I assemble, p.d,i, service and repair bikes daily. there is no time constraints on p.d.i's, they are looked over just like an mot, plus checking fasteners, oils etc. my bikes are warmed up and ridden just a couple of kilometres to go through the gearbox.
This sounds like fuel, or a duff sensor, temp or lambda, maybe maf. let the dealer do his stuff.
By PeteF
Trouble is, there are mechanics out there that are not worth a grain of salt. Sad bit true. My dealer is so bad that he's not getting his hands my machine ever again.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles