This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Geoff K
Hi,
1960 Redditch 350 Bullet
I have rebuilt the front legs of my Bullet and there is an oil leak coming from the bottom stud - the one that is a tight fit into the bottom of the fork (see photo). Is there a recommended way to tighten these and make them leak proof? Or do you apply some sealing compound?
Many thanks.
Attachments
IMG_3143a.jpeg
IMG_3143a.jpeg (303 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
By Daiwiskers
You mean the one holding the mudguard stay?

Or the one for the fork cap either way the fix will be the same

Too fit either one a double nut will work for both fitting and removal

You could use some hylomar on the stud thread I wouldn't use anything stronger like threadlock as the stud looks like steel into aluminium

The hylomar will seal the thread hold the stud in place and help stop further corrosion

Others will have different opinions Dai
By Geoff K
Thanks Dai, it's the one for the fork cap. Hylomar on the (fork internal) thread will entail complete disassembly of the fork, so I will try the double-nut method first. Don't know why I didn't think of that myself (Doh!). Actually I assembled the fork a few months ago and can't remember if I used the double nut tightening or not. It might be too late now as all the fork internals will probably rotate inside the housing; in which case I will have to take it all apart anyway :-(

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles