This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
this is how I do it:
1- put the spindle in a vice as shown
2- slide a length of tube over the brake arm, to lock the brake on, then use your right hand to turn the spanner.
3- nut removed !!
this nut was V tight and I had no problems.
use a 1 inch cranked ring spanner
(photos may not appear in the correct order)
Attachments
three.JPG
three.JPG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1340 times
two.JPG
two.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1340 times
one.JPG
one.JPG (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1340 times
Singlemalt wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:45 pm
Thanks Mart,
That means I need a 25.4mm spanner lol. In France at present, not sure they get that inch business. I will try with a big adjustable job.
You'll struggle because it's slightly recessed too. I doubt you'd get a conventional spanner on it well enough.

You'd usually need a fairly thin offset ring spanner (like in the picture above) or a box spanner long enough to go over the spindle. The alternator end nut is also 1" so it's probably worth having one in your toolbox (you'll need to remove that if you ever change the gearbox sprocket).

You'll get one pretty cheaply on ebay, it'll come from the UK but the postal service works pretty well.
mart wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:39 pm
this is how I do it:
1- put the spindle in a vice as shown
2- slide a length of tube over the brake arm, to lock the brake on, then use your right hand to turn the spanner.
3- nut removed !!
this nut was V tight and I had no problems.
use a 1 inch cranked ring spanner
(photos may not appear in the correct order)
HOW do you block the brake plate when you pull the lever and twist down the nut? THIS is the thing i do NOT get.
A German blok is sending me a complete wheel, hes says it brakes good, origin was from the German importer.. do not know if it had the original open bearings, which leak grease to the drum when braking hot, or the dealer had replaced them.

Is said to have a round wheel rim and drum, and brakes. well..

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles