This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
I am looking to change the standard 17T front drive sprocket to an 18T version, and put a Carberry plate on at the same time. I can see I will need to remove the foot rest and kickstart, but on a Euro 4 classic 500 will i also need to remove the exhaust to pull the right hand side crankcase cover off?

Thanks
Thanks for the replies so far.

I think i'll try with the exhaust on to start with, Haynes doesn't mention removing the exhaust but one or two videos on the internet show the exhaust being removed. anyway i am sure i will find out soon!
I don’t think that the Euro IV models are materially different re the timing cover removal than the earlier ones. If the are the same you don’t need to remove the exhaust on those. IIRC I didn’t completely remove the footrest either, just loosened the bolt and swung the footrest down. Personally I wouldn’t fancy filing the crankcase to fit a larger sprocket; I would do the rear sprocket if indeed the motor will pull a 20T equivalent. I don’t think mine would...BTW if you put in on the side stand there’s no need to drain the oil; only a little comes out when the cover is removed and the sprocket nut undoes easily enough with a socket and application of the rear brake once the tab washer is flattened.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles