This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By pauper
Like many others, I was finding a bit of a problem with wind buffeting around the helmet when going at higher speeds on the Himalayan. Searching on this forum and elsewhere on the web, I got the impression that the consensus on our hosts' taller screen was that it improved the situation, but didn't completely cure it. One source of this verdict was Noraly from the Itchy Boots blog - she fitted the Hitchcock's screen to her Himalayan "Dhanno" for her Patagonia to Alaska journey. No doubt it depends how tall you are, what sort of helmet you use, and how high your head is relative to the top of the screen. I'm not sure how tall she is, but i'm 5' 8", not very tall, so I thought I'd get one and try it.

Well, yesterday I had a legitimate reason to go out so I had a trip out on various roads on the bike. And I can say that it's made a really big improvement. With either screen, you start to get wind buffeting and noise in your ears at 40-50mph, and with the standard screen it just gets worse the faster you go, so if you're doing 65+ it's really deafening. But with the new screen, it starts at about 40-50 as before, but it doesn't seem to get any worse when you go faster. I got up to about 65 and it was really no different to how it is 20mph slower. I tried standing up slightly to raise my head height, and then it was exactly as it was with the shorter screen, very loud wind noise and buffeting. But when sitting normally on the bike it has greatly improved. It's made it much nicer to ride at higher speeds. I'd say money well spent.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles