This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By steve a
JUST BRFORE LOCK DOWM I BOUGHT A B5 2018 BULLET IS THER ANYTHING TO LOOK OUT FOR RELABILITY WISE AS I KEEP SEEING THINGS ON THE NET ABOUT THE EFI SINGLES BEING UNRELABLE THANKS IN ADVANCE
By stinkwheel
Earlier models had issues with the starter sprag clutch but I think those have been sorted out now.
By Rattlebattle
The pre-Euro IV (rear drum brake models) though easier to improve with better exhaust and air filters are IMHO a bit of a lottery. They were largely hand-assembled and quality control was nowhere near as good as it is now. The earlier ones can be no trouble at all or they can be awful. It just depends how accurately it was put together. Some vibrate badly, others are smooth. While a lot depends on how well they are run-in, if the crank is properly balanced and trued at the factory no amount of aftermarket “cures” like Carberry anti-vibration plates will make much difference. The fact that Carberry even makes such a device says something.....
The later the better IMHO reduces the risk of getting a lemon, but equally there are loads of good earlier bikes, even the very first ones which don’t have a kickstart.
Batteries are best replaced with an AGM as the original ones are wet, can leak acid and don’t last too long. My 2015 has not been fault-free; in fact the engine is in bits now. I replaced the EFI years ago with a carb, which is much nicer and easier to tune. I got fed up with the various connectors causing poor running and it was at the time a cheaper option than a Power Commander. I don’t regret this decision as the cylinder head is in excellent condition, though I shall replace the exhaust valve as the head is welded on and some have fallen off. Our host produces a superior English version.
The auto-decompressor is another potential problem area; I’m removing mine, which appears to be the source of one of the problems I’m currently experiencing. A lot of owners do remove them but equally many have no problems.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles