This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Steve
1955 Indian Trailblazer (Super Meteor) with Lucas SR2 magneto. I need an electronic tachometer and hope someone has done the investigation and can suggest a solution. I can add a battery power source if necessary.
By Steve
Received a very quick response from Puca. Their current range of digital tachometers is not compatible with my existing magneto ignition system, which requires solid copper core spark plug wires with non-resistor caps, and non resistor spark plugs. This configuration generates a significant RF interference. They are, however working on a system that may be compatible.

I also contacted (Smithsgaugesusa.com) and received similar information.

I am considering a mechanical tachometer, utilizing the camshaft driven gearbox and cable from our hosts, but they do not have working tachometer heads available, either new or used. But my distant memory of Smiths mechanical gauges on both motorcycles and cars does not bring me much confidence.
By Adrian
I bought a Lucas SR1 mag which came with a 10 ohm resistor plug cap on the end of its HT lead and still gives out a fantastic spark, so if your SR2 is in good shape it out to cope with with resistor plugs or caps, as it's the same magneto as the SR1 but with a distributor end cap.

Since our hosts have none in stock I think it is OK to mention that someone on ebay in the USA has listed a Smiths Chronometric rev counter for the RE/Indian twins, item no. 402180784025.

Is this the right one for your Trailblazer?

A.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles