This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By MartinB
Well I've just moved my bike out of the workshop and am disappointed to note some of the fasteners and fittings are showing signs of corrosion. I've not had a problem with any of my other bikes and last winter was not particularly bad although I suppose it was pretty damp. Has anyone else had similar problems?
By Chris [Stockport]
With both mine (Bullets), I replaced quite a few fasteners with stainless stuff from Hitchcocks. Extremely cheap compared with the price of the bike, and made it very quickly a LOT better.
Also, squirted Waxoil round the heads of nuts and bolts, so that was there before any moisture could get in.
- Chris
By greentrumpet
My Interceptor was delivered last November, I sprayed it with GT85 and put it in my brick garage under a new fabric cover. Not taken out during the winter period at all. Some of the fasteners are showing faint signs of corrosion and I suspect were like that from delivery. I have bought the suspension top and engine g/box s/steel fasteners from our host and will add more as they become available.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles