This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Daiwiskers
One for those of us who have spent out on fancy fittings (polished, anodised, chrome, etc)

Raid the kitchen grab some food freezer bags from the drawer, cover the head of the fitting with a bag before putting a spanner or socket near, this will help stop scratching or marking them.
Use the same trick when removing them
By Daiwiskers
Remember even the most expensive engine oil is cheap when compared to a engine rebuild
By Daiwiskers
Quick check that Mrs Wiskers isn't looking over my shoulder

If you are lucky enough to have a dishwasher in the kitchen, this can make a great parts washer be careful with some scented detergents they can stain ally
For small parts I put them in a Tupperware or similar box with detergent Liquid and hot water before putting in the machine
It does a great job on mucky stuff
Just don't let the Mrs catch you

Top tip take out dirty dishes before you use it and run it on a wash cycle when your finished before putting dirty dishes back in
This avoids awkward questions like "why have you done the dishes"

Take care don't get caught Dai
By Daiwiskers
Oil spill in the garage workshop or on the road and you have no oil spill granules

The motor Factor's are shut what do you do?

Get down to the corner shop and buy some cat litter, the white ones work best but if you have a wood stove in the garage, get the pressed wood pulp one's and use them as fire lighters when you have soaked up the oil
By Wheaters
Daiwiskers wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:03 pm
Quick check that Mrs Wiskers isn't looking over my shoulder

If you are lucky enough to have a dishwasher in the kitchen, this can make a great parts washer be careful with some scented detergents they can stain ally
For small parts I put them in a Tupperware or similar box with detergent Liquid and hot water before putting in the machine
It does a great job on mucky stuff
Just don't let the Mrs catch you

Top tip take out dirty dishes before you use it and run it on a wash cycle when your finished before putting dirty dishes back in
This avoids awkward questions like "why have you done the dishes"

Take care don't get caught Dai
From personal experience, if you clean a car cylinder head in the dish washer, make sure you have plenty of time to run at least two more cleaning cycles to get rid of the horrible stink of oil and carbon, before the missus gets home.

I didn't..... say no more :shock:
By vince
Hi, oil stains on concrete. Cover with soap powder and a squirt of washing up liquid, scrub with 'wet' brush until turned dirty grey then rinse off. Alternatively cover with rug! Vince

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles