This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Daiwiskers
Adjustable spanner's

I love to hate these but I do carry them on the bike, along with a double ended screwdriver, and pliers, this little kit has come in handy on more than one occasion, I also carry my recovery card

Buy good quality adjustable spanners I carry a six and a ten inch Bacho from the time they were made in Sweden the new ones are now made in Spain how good they are I don't know

These two sizes will cover almost every nut on a bullet even the back wheel stub axle.

They're not something I would use every day but in a emergency situation they can be a life saver

On a bike with fuel injection and electronic ignition I just carry my recovery card

Hope this helps to keep you out of trouble on the road Dai
By Daiwiskers
Not really relevant to bike's or even anything modern
But if your messing with older vehicles that have points and coil ignition with a distributor
One of the best tools to clean your rotor arm is a tyre on the vehicle just rub the rotor arm end on the tyre it will clean up without causing damage
By Wheaters
I have found that rubbing on a tyre will sometimes free off a sticky ball point pen and make it write again - as long as there’s some ink in it ✍🏻 !
By Daiwiskers
Doughty washers

I used to hate these until I was shown how to use them properly

A old aircraft fitter took the time to show me that they have to be tight on the fitting so tight they have to screw down over the thread
I have found they can be reused if you dab a bit of hylomar on both sides

Handy tip about the ball pen there Wheaters
By Wheaters
Thanks. I don’t often use a pen but today I’m in hospital, recovering from major abdominal surgery and was so bored I started to do a crossword puzzle!

1)Across: What organ goes in a pie with steak and now I’ve only got one? :shock:
By Daiwiskers
Let me think ?

If it's a pie made in a hospital it could be a eye or testical

Enjoy your tea

Get well soon Dai
By Wheaters
Thankfully I’m still intact in both the upper and lower departments, Dai! :lol:

It’s one of the bits in the middle that’s beyond repair and has gone to the scrappie!
By Daiwiskers
I love a good steak and kidney pie

Top tip when making pie's or pasties I mix egg with milk and mix in some old bay seasoning to brush over the top before baking

Not just handy with the spanners
Get well soon Dai
By MartinB
This thread reminds me of a feature of the old Motorcycle Mechanics magazine in the 60's,70's and 80's where readers could send in their home maintenance tips-some of which were very useful but some were a bit on the dubious side. I'm NOT making any criticism of any of this thread just to be clear!Happy days.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles