This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Andy C
Mine is well and truly run in now so started riding it as intended.

Feels to me that it would take another tooth on the gearbox sprocket - anyone geared one of these up at all, does it kill it stone dead?
By Usabikes
Sorry for the late reply - probably no use to you now - but I went up a tooth on the front on my Himalayan and find it nicer to ride as it's not revving so hard. Acceleration doesn't seem to have been effected much. I liked the change.
By Duke of Wybourne.
From the other way, with a passenger I thought a couple of teeth on the rear might be the way to go, but after two trips with a passenger and luggage the bike copes and performs remarkably well, so I'll leave it alone. My wife says the pillion position is comfortable and she has plenty of room, and if anything the handling of the bike feels slightly better, and the brakes are fine with the extra load as well.
By Noodles
Stock is ok all round.

If you do a lot of motorways 1up, you may want longer gearing.
Otherwise, I'd leave it. Or you may end up struggling up a dirt track next to a cliff with a passenger one day, stalling as you try a mountainous hair pin, dropping it, sliding back down, getting up, brushing yourself off and wondering what happened to you passenger.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles