This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By McMurdo
Hi gurus, now that I've moved my footrests I'm finding the standard 14" brake pedal is just out of reach when standing up off-road. Does anyone know of an alternative that's about 2" shorter than the standard bullet (left-side pre-unit) pedal?
By Daiwiskers
No guru

What I would do is buy a standard lever and cut it down to the length you think you need tack weld it together try it you may need to cut a few time's when you get it right you can weld it properly grind and paint
The problem is that a quarter inch can make a big difference in comfort ,so a few tries may be needed to get it right
That's the way I would do it Dai
By McMurdo
Hi Dai. Unfortunately I don't have a welder so I'd be back and forwards to the local garage to get it done. I was hoping there'd be a "bolt-on" option from a different model to avoid this.

If there isn't an off the shelf option then, yes, I'll fabricate one.
By Daiwiskers
Try to make that clearer

Cut pad part of pedal off then move it back to the area you think is right tack it try it, when it feels right weld it properly then cut off the extra
Hope this makes more sense Dai
By Daiwiskers
Too late to edit

Just seen reply no welder!

Hopefully someone will know of a bolt on solution even the cut and weld would not be that easy due to the sweep of the pedal and would involve some bending

Does our host's trials conversion have a shorter left break pedal?
By Wheaters
Have you looked at the "rear set" footrest kit that H's sell? They might sell you the individual parts you need.
By Wheaters
Having said that, it would be a relatively simple job (and far cheaper) to hacksaw a piece out of the straight, middle section of the standard pedal, bevel back the raw edges with a file and ask a competent welder to re-join the parts. Obviously, it must be done correctly for safety so it would be better to fit an internal bridging piece to reinforce the joint.

I'd certainly go for that option but I have a MIG welder anyway so would have a go myself.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles