This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Dale
Some of you may have been in touch with Martin here in Vancouver. He was a good friend of mine, who sadly died early last year. I spent some time helping him to try and resurrect the bits and pieces to build up an early 500 Twin. Unfortunately the "bike" was a jumble of mismatched parts. He put a lot of effort in to it but it wasn't to be.I inherited it, and have decided to do it up in Martin's memory. I'm hoping to make as close to a '54 as I can. First thing I did was throw away the completely butchered US frame, then acquired a very good '53 frame out of Australia for a good price. I then found a perfect tank, and casquette. Have gone through the front forks, and a friend here donated a superb full width front hub -- I know, I know, they never had one, but feel it will be a nice improvement. It will be a slow process , but if enough interest is shown, I would be happy to give progress reports.
Dale, Vancouver, Canada.
By Adrian
Dale,

yes please, we like that sort of thing, even though building it in your friend's memory makes it more poignant.

Posting photos as an attachment is a lot easier since the new style forum was introduced.

A.
By enfield_trials
Good modest initiative to remember yr loved one yes please keep us posted i can imagine 500 twin quite rare bike there

Regards
By Wheaters
I'm certainly interested - thanks!
By Daiwiskers
Yup me too

Always like a tribute

Cheers Dai
By Dale
Many thanks to all who replied, must admit to being a bit overwhelmed. Oversight on my part not to have taken any "as found" photos. I shall post photos of bits I acquire, and progress, which will be slow. The 500 Twin is virtually unknown here, but I've always had a soft spot for them. I remember being smitten with a semi abandoned, very nice one, as a school boy in the mid fifties, in New Zealand. Tried to buy one over the years, without success. There are a few Constellations and Interceptors extant, which enjoyed brief popularity here when new.
Dale.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles