This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Squadron
Has anyone converted a Euro 4 C5 from EFI to carb? Is it a worthwhile exercise? Did you have any problems? How close was the jetting supplied with the kit? Thanks in advance.
By trophyvase
I haven’t myself but I know a man who has! The kit is very well put together and he hasn’t had any problems with it in use. It’s a bit of a job to fit but the sort of job that just needs time and a step by step approach.

I'd expect that Mr H has got the jetting sorted a close to perfection as possible.

Whether it’s worth it or not is a different question. It won’t make the engine run better or worse provided its set up properly. But I think the advantage is if you want to make other changes to the engine it’s much easier to re-set a carb than to re-program the ECU. Or it is for most of us!
By Presto
If I made the change to a carb I'd fit the mikuni. The new Concentrics are good but the mikuni looks very impressive and is a better made option. But if they are both set up correctly then they'll both run equally well I guess. :roll:
By trophyvase
Maybe the Mikuni is a 'better' carb but in my experience the Concentric Mk1 is easier to set up and has a definite price advantage. Although I prefer the cold start devise on the Mikuni.
By PatB
I’ve done it on my 18 model after stupidly breaking off fuel pump outlet
As a complete novice bought Mikuni kit found it easy to fit and it does look good on bike
However I had problems with it running very rich which I wasn’t able to sort myself
Hitchcocks were fantastic with advice and on returning the carb they found out the problem for me
Re fitted and started straight away running a bit rich so changed main jet to 170 now a caramel coloured plug
With single skin down pipe gold star exhaust and blank Lampard sensor

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles