This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Wheaters
trophyvase wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:55 pm
for that matter what about charging in India or in the central African countries or any other 'remote' place
is the way emissions are going to be reduced by depriving the majority of the world's population of the opportunity of wheeled transport unless pulled by an animal
The emissions from horses and are pretty bad - a hundred years ago there was concern that the streets of London would disappear under them. Not to mention the early morning methane outflows causing climate change far more rapidly than CO2.
By trophyvase
And of course reduction in kept livestock is another way that we're supposed to reduce emissions. Of course UK will 'lead the way'. Problem is who will follow?! On the other hand livestock was no problem before the industrial revolution!

But my point was that electric vehicles with very limited range rely on closely located charging points and I don't foresee those being readily accessed in 'developing' countries any time soon! A related problem is that remote areas involve huge distances, which are now - and probably will be for who knows how long - way beyond the range of any electric vehicle.

Anyway all this is good for forum debates!
By vince
Hi, since the beginning of the last century the increase in radio transmissions has increased not to mention what mobile phones bounce around the planet. Imagine if this is what is causing climate change!. "All mobiles are banned forthwith". The snowflakes would melt away! Vince
By Adrian
How much of the world's energy generation is needed to keep peoples' social media habit going? With or without motorcycle forums?

A.
By windmill john
Wheaters, I hope you’re joking about the horses and not ignoring the industrial revolution. And really..... horses and cows put a dent in the crap churned out by industry!

Vince, I have often wondered what effect human produced magnetic waves have on bird migratory patterns and sea life; whales for example.
Unless we’ve always got it it wrong and they don’t use magnetic direction and just know the way!

John
By Duke of Wybourne.
I'll let the next generation worry about it. This one hasn't got a good record. I'm getting on, but can't remember much about my pre industrial revolution days. Most of my mates died from cholera. :lol:
By Duke of Wybourne.
Also.

Have a "Google" at Mankame EP-1 .

there are some quite "remarkable" claims made about it, and I would only pass criticism after I'd ridden one.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles