This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
If you're going to keep with the original 6 volt system, I would advise running separate earths to the battery rather than relying on the frame to do the job.

It's all too easy to lose the odd volt here and there, and on a 6V system, that's not good. The headlight earth has to go through the steering bearings for its earth for example - not the best thing in the world.

I made up my own loom for my Tomahawk replica but doubled the diameter of the wire while keeping to the original 6V. This reduces the resistance x 4 and the headlight is now genuinely bright!
I read with great interest Geoff K's questions about the location of the Brake light switch. The responses and photo's answered all my questions.

But there are still more questions. The latest one is, what is the correct location of the rectifier. Photo's would be very helpful.

Keep safe every one.
Earlier versions of the MM had a clamp (39621) which attached to the front frame so that the rectifier was positioned just aft of the headstock and front downtube.

The rectifier of the later bikes was attached to the underside of the toolbox if I remember correctly (the 1961 parts book makes no reference to the clamp). There should be a corresponding hole in the toolbox base which will be diagnostic.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles