This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Presto
I'd like to know what owners of the new Interceptor think of the comfort of the standard seat. Especially for fairly long staged journeys without stops - say 100 mile + stretches.

I used to have trouble with the EFI Classic standard single seat after about 50 miles. After 100 miles it was torture!
Thanks.
By Rushour
Last year I took my Interceptor from the Midlands to the Sammy Miller museum - a trip of some 130 miles and found the overall comfort of the bike very good and the seat was a lot better than I had expected from looking at it initially.
By Breezin
I recently rode my Interceptor 170 miles on Irish N (non-motorway) roads, and back a couple of days later.

I had heard a lot of noise online about the seat being uncomfortable. I wouldn't say I didn't feel it, but it was a lot less painful than when I've driven there in a car with posh leather bucket seats, even though the latter was a much shorter journey mostly via the motorway.

Conclusion: I can think of better ways to spend on the bike.
By Oatmeal
Hi,
Chiming in from the USA.
The seat on my Interceptor (INT in the states) is extremely uncomfortable so, I replaced it with the "touring" seat.....after about a 200 mile ride my nuts felt like they were clamped in a vise! :shock:
So, I bit the bullet and ordered a seat from a company out here called Corbin. It was expensive (almost $500 US) but worth every bit of it!
Oh yeah, just joined the forum.
Hans
By Rushour
Seats are available from other suppliers of course - namely the company who funds and runs this forum that we all use for free...just saying ...some folks have more respect...
By Oatmeal
What are you talking about? I'm not selling or endorsing Corbin Seats just showing what I got. So, don't get your panties in a bunch.
Hans
By Presto
Corbin seats are expensive but I'm told they are well-made and comfortable. In the past I've considered using one on a few of my bikes but the high cost put me off.
But I guess there is nothing that has a bigger influence on the pleasure of long distance riding than the seat - poor comfort can ruin what would otherwise be an enjoyable outing.
Having said that - and I know this is going to seem stupid to many - but my one of most enjoyable rides ever was on a 350 Bullet that was nearly new with the standard seat with the big step between rider and pillion space. I told you it'd sound stupid!!! But everything was right - the road, the bike, the weather and the heather!!! :D
By Oatmeal
My first ride on my bike was on a twisty canyon (love those) road so, I was moving around a lot and it didn't bother me. Then longer stints in the saddle got uncomfortable. Next I bought a genuine Royal Enfield "touring" seat and after an all day, 200+ mile ride I was in agony!
I thought long and hard about spending that kind of money but, in the end it was worth it.
I friend who rides a Yamaha FZ09, got one as well and he's glad he did.
Really love this bike and have fitted it with a few Hitchcock's accessories and a few custom ones as well.
Hans
By Lou E
More noise from the USSA- I have a '66 Interceptor and a 2019 Orange Crush. The '66 seat has been redone locally and is good for 200 miles. The Indian seat is good for about 100 miles...

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles