This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By PeteF
Euro 4 Bullet. Another mini mod.
I noticed this morning that the the engine breather discharges into the air filter box. There's no drain for it, it just dumps in there. It's not much but makes a mess in the box. After 1500 miles just a drop or three.
I've blanked off the spigot and turned the breather on to the chain which is running conveniently just under the breather pipe. I just made a sleeve to turn the bend in the pipe 90 degrees and secured it with cable ties.
By Rushour
I'm sure what you have done is fine but just be aware of a sensor inside the airbox - the settings might ( I say MIGHT! ) be affected by the engine fumes being re-directed outside instead of the airbox.
By Wheaters
I've always been of the opinion that displacing inlet air with blow-by gases is one of the worst possible things to do to any engine. The mechanical equivalent of farting in a lift? I learned years ago that unburnt oil fumes significantly reduce the octane rating of the combustion process. It's only ever done in an attempt to satisfy emissions regulators.
By Presto
Excellent point Wheaters! In essence connecting the exhaust pipe to the carburettor!

Great way to save the environment, save fuel and reduce exhaust noise!
Better than an electric engine!
Why don't we all do it? :lol:

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles