This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
I am re-building a 1956 G2 Bullet engine, and the main bearings are knackered from being stood .
My problem is that the timing side rollers run directly on the crankshaft and mine is pitted due to rust and replacements are £130. It isn't realy rough, but I immagine that any imperfections will soon wear out new rollers.

I think that the later Indian Bullets use a different bearing size, so assume that the much cheaper Indian alternatives are a non starter.
Does anyone know if there is an alternative roller bearing that has an inner race that I can fit, or am I going to have to dig deep?
Thanks, that's a relief, I couldn't find it in the parts book, but found it via an earlier post. A new shaft would have been a hard pill to swallow knowing that the indian vesions only cost £25.
It's a shame as the damage to the shaft just seems to be from the engine siting for years with no barrel on it, there doesn't seem to be much wear.

The link in case any one else is looking: https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/11315

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles