This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By windmill john
Hi All,

2002 350 Bullet, about to start it, started full revs!! Iced cold engine!!

Anyway, I seem to be missing what I assume is some type of ferrule-ish, I guess-ish.

Can’t see it in my manual, on our host’s site or outside my house; probably is there, I can’t see it.

Any help please, thanks.
Attachments
3CA13E53-D44E-49FB-914E-F4FDF959DD67.jpeg
75E4E362-0C1F-4B91-BA1C-82474D275EEA.jpeg
D8E0D2D8-CACD-4B5D-ACB5-339625F8D44E.jpeg
Last edited by windmill john on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By windmill john
Brilliant!

Many thanks mauri.

Why the heck can’t I see it! Obviously I can order it due to the number, but looked under cables and handlebar controls.

What’s it under!? Purely for interest now as I can order.

John
By PeteF
These will fall out because of stiffness in the cable. The outer gets pushed away from the twistgrip and this falls out. You might want to check the cable is lubed and there are no kinks or loose strands.
By stinkwheel
Part 15 on this page: https://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/p ... -pages/424

They are a sod for falling off. I wrap a piece of PVC tape round them after fitting to cover the slot. I've also seen people put a small cable tie round them for the same reason.

To me, they are redundant engineering and a damned nuiscance. I think the idea is you can push the twistgrip nipple up through the housing then hook that thing on to make the hole smaller for the cable ferrule to butt against . In reality, what they need is to ditch that thing, use a smaller hole and a smaller nipple or cut a slot in the housing to thread the cable in.
By windmill john
Thanks both.

I was thinking of taping it in. I’ve ordered two. If anything happens to one, I may tap a small thread from above to secure.

The Japanese would have threaded this, but... you can’t have everything.

I must have been viewing the site wrong, as I didn’t find it.
By Wheaters
I recently made a handlebar lever ferrule for my 350 when I fitted a 5 speed gearbox and discovered that it had the wrong type of lever to suit a 5 speed cable; the fixed part of the lever doesn't have an adjuster or a separate ferrule. The outer cable was slightly too short and too narrow, just like this throttle cable. The 4 speed cable has a flanged ferrule fixed on the end, the 5 speed has a narrower, plain ferrule.

I drilled length ways right through the middle of a socket headed "Allen" screw (I used my lathe) then cut it length-ways to the centre drilling with a thin grinding wheel in my angle grinder, to get it to fit over the inner cable. The shank goes in the lever, the head sits outside and the outer cable locates inside the "socket" head (I had to drill out the recess slightly).
By windmill john
Thanks all.

Chris, that won’t fit mine, thanks.

Wheaters, sort of thing I was thinking. Adding to that, although the type of alloy may shear, was to tap a light thread into the bracket to accept that Allan, to stop the bugger falling out again.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles