This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By philipw
Is it just me or does the standard Himalayan screen create loads of buffeting of your crash helmet? It is currently in the forward position as I fitted a set of hand guards, but it doesn't seem to matter much as both positions are bad.
Has anyone found a solution? All opinions welcome. I was actually thinking perhaps a shorter screen.
Thanks Philip.
By Leon Novello
The ideal position is for the top of the screen to be just below your field of vision(just below your eyes) you don`t want to be looking through a wet screen in the rain. Is it possible to move the screen backwards or forwards?

You should be able to feel where the wind is going by moving your hand up and down in front of your face and adjust the position/ angle, to and fro so the wind goes over your head .
By windmill john
Remembering that it is different for every bike, also size of rider, type and style of helmet and also clothing...

A short one can be worse. You could go very short. This is pretty good, but offers no protection and is trying on the arms if you do fast trips above 70.

I’ve achieved Nirvana twice. BMW R80RT with a slightly higher than standard screen and my current Transalp.
The Trannie has a higher Givi screen and one of these..... perfect

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-W ... 0012.m1985

Flying in the face of aerodynamics, this is set bolt upright and is perfect with my open face and 85-95 % with my flip up.

John
By Andy C
Phillip - I suffered form buffeting with the standard screen, adjusting it made no difference.

After a ride it felt like you had been punched in the head.

Our hosts offer a taller screen, as well as screen extensions which personally I think look naff, but I stress that is my personal opinion.

I cut mine down arguably it now does very little but I am happy with it. I don't think removing the screen is a good idea as the connector into the instrument cluster does not look particularly weatherproof !

If you look at my video of me riding the bike you will see the cut down screen: https://youtu.be/PkBEsICOKcU
By philipw
Thanks for all your replies.
I do like the idea of your cut down screen Andy, and I have now seen a one made by Powerbronze that is very similar.
I think that this is the type I will try next.
Philip.
By RocketRR
I fitted the Hitchcocks higher screen it worked really well for me seemed to move air flow just enough to be comfortable
By Rushour
There really is no solution to this subject - its all dependant on personal taste and rider height.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles