This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Peter D
Thanks to those contributions previously. I am waiting for Glyptal to arrive (Not a common product in Aust and poor little Tasmania being at the southern end of a vast ((burning continent)) it some times takes a little while for things to arrive)

So whilst waiting I have started working on the distributor. It has a cracked tooth, so I need to replace it. I have ordered one.

I took out the locking pin, which difficult. Getting the sprocket off is proving very difficult. I know there was a tool for sprockets that had to pulled off using the body rather than the shaft. I haven't seen anything here. Do I go to a local engineering works or is there a way I can do it myself.

From previous post, you may have gathered I do not have an engineering back ground :roll: !!!!!!!!
By vince
When the metal is hot enough the wd 40 will seep into the joint. just keep applying heat then wd40 Dont worry how much you put on.it may ignite just put it out and Just be careful if you start tapping as the part the distributor is mounted on crankcase is easy to snap off. Vince
By Jools G
I suspect that removing the locking pin has thrown up a small burr on the shaft. You can simply drive the shaft out of the sprocket using a drift, but warm it up a bit first to get as much clearance as you can.

I used a small allen-head bolt with a long plain shank to replace the pin to re-assemble the two components (I think it was a 2BA bolt from memory) locked on with a Nyloc nut.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles