This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Adrian
There are some other Bullet enthusiasts in the Emerald Isle, I don't know if the Powers The Pot rally still happens annually.

If your mechanical abilities are limited you've got Shedbuilt Dave in Roscommon.

A.
By enfield_trials
Greeting Dansey .
May be you need to check coil and clean points i am still in learning phase myself. :D
i am based in Midlands Southern Ireland. let me know if you need any help.
i know few guys including dave ( shedbuilt dave ) who can help.

Regards
ET
By Dansey
She is a go !

Dismantled the points, sanded them off, refitted it all and we had sparks.. Ammeter was not happy and I had more sparks going on in the cap than expected ! Penny dropped that the ceramic washer in my hand should be behind the moving arm to remove that contact point. Re-refitted the action and it looked miles better.. ( I know, I know...)

Sparks on the point and sparking plug. Took a couple of kicks and she is running grand, trimmed the carb slightly and all is well so far. No leaks, no freaks.

I never mentioned this in the original posting, but the bike belonged to my Dad who sadly passed away last October. Getting her running again after all of this time with only a vague idea of what I am doing is very hard to articulate.

Your help and welcoming suggestions have been truly grateful.
By Adrian
Getting the bike going again is a fitting tribute.

Sparks at the points not so good, some teeny sparks not totally avoidable, but a new condenser might be a good idea. The points assembly is a copy of the old Lucas 4CA set-up.

A.
By Daiwiskers
Your old dad must have been looking over your shoulder

Well done Dai

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles