This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By Squadron
I put a EuroIV compatible system on my C5. Single skinned header pipe and less restrictive muffler. Ran like crap. The only combination that came close to working was the single skinned header pipe with the original muffler. Put the original exhaust system back on and the bike now runs properly again. I think the ECU is unable to adapt to any major changes.
By Rattlebattle
I agree with PeteF, BP is a bodge that just adds more fuel based on a more accurate air temp sensor. To do the job properly either the ECU needs to be reflashed with a new fuelling map to suit the modifications made (which I doubt can be done if the ECU is locked) or an aftermarket fuelling device that more accurately adjusts fuelling and timing and piggybacks on the ECU (eg Power Commander) needs to be fitted. You can’t just bung on a new exhaust with less back pressure and expect the fuelling to be unaffected. To achieve this a wide band O2 sensor is needed; the RE system is still relatively crude and cannot automatically compensate. The other option is to fit a carb conversion, then you can do what you like to the air intake and/or exhaust.
By PeteF
Thanks for that squadron, I'll leave it alone then😎
By Squadron
Well, I relocated the sensor on the booster plug out into the breeze by hanging it below the passenger left foot peg and I actually think the performance of the bike has improved. Acceleration seems sharper and not stumbling on light throttle anymore.

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles