This Forum is now CLOSED use the link to get more details viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13924#p102587
By adamscarborough
Re chain slider
I have one of these fitted, works well.
From memory it's was a little small, heat from some hot water softeners it and you can re-form the bent diameter to fit perfectly.
By stinkwheel
Something to go with offroad shocks. I've been meaning to do this for ages because I'm fed up hoiking the thing back up off the stand and only being aboe to 3/4 fill the petrol tank.

Took 2 hours to make from a bit of 25mm x 5mm wall steel bar. Probably overkill because it's pretty heavy but I'll be able to prop the bike over against this to take a wheel out with confidence.

You can't buy one. If you go into a bike shop and order a long stand, they'll just keep you waiting.
By McMurdo
I took your advice and got a chain tensioner. This cheap Chinese one from eBay seems really well made and apart from a small bend to align with the chain run it went straight on. I’ve been out for a quick off-road with the standard shocks and it didn’t break or fall off so job done. I started putting on the longer shocks today and the spring rate is too hard so I’m now waiting for something softer.
4ABC6891-9E88-4F03-B032-7E7A82238DCB.jpeg
80712B85-A02D-4FC3-9B64-13D29C58C1DC.jpeg
By nab301
@Stinkwheel, Thanks for posting the photos of your front brake conversion , I prefer the Electra sliders than the modified originals , handy to know they fit, just got to start gathering the bits...

Shop for accessories at Hitchcocks Motorcycles